Wednesday, January 30, 2013

a very innocent poem

for Crystal

peaked blooms of aerated cream
flower lush upon the smooth delicacy below --
Your pink flickering tongue laps kittenishly,
warm and wet,
and licks a crumb from your soft, sugar-coated lips
and your teeth like candied chalk
which nibble and bite
and
part with the sour-sweet pleasure
in spooning up the five-minute morning sin that is
buttercream and lemon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very innocent poem. It is about a lovely lemon buttercream cake, quite possibly the best cake I ever ate, that my dear friend Crystal made. She is very talented. One day she will be the top pastry chef in a fancy patisserie, which is good because I will no doubt be a poor (or poor-ish, at the least) musician who can't afford expensive cakes... unless I have a very close friend who was in on the dessert business. Lucky me!

Anyhow. Such a good cake! Oh my goodness. So tempting, so irresistible - not that I tried to resist. It was a cake that demanded a seductive poem. But really. This is a very innocent poem. If you don't think so you should have read the original version. This is the edited and censored final edition. As my other dear friend Howard says, art shouldn't be censored, but... even I wouldn't have felt comfortable posting the original un-censored draft.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ
    Howard had something good to say! I like this version, though. But of course, the stuff with multiple takes and possibly scandalous content is very fun. ー( ´ ▽ ` )

    ReplyDelete